MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013) mac OS sierra 10.12.1 Latest wacom driver: 6.3.18-4. All started to happen with Sierra update.
If you've recently updated your Mac OS, from Mojave 10.14, to Catalina 10.15, you might be having some issues with your tablet either not connecting or Pen issues. Usually whenever a new OS comes out, it can take some time to mesh with Wacom’s Drivers, as each is being updated proceeding the launch. Select Updates to see what (if any) updates are available for your Wacom product. Important: Your Wacom product must be connected to your computer to see available updates. If updates are available, select the respective link and carefully follow all instructions as you update your driver or product.
Lets start with INTUOS 3.
It dosnt work with latest drivers. Old drivers which wacom support is pointing to are so full with glitches, so its better to use mouse trust me. So basicly Sierra turned my good old Intuos 3 in mouse pad.
Oficiall replay from Wacom:
'Thank you for contacting the Wacom Customer Support Team.
Unfortunately, our legacy devices including the Intuos 3, are no longer supported on the most recent operating systems. Our legacy devices will not receive any new updates any more and will thus not be made compatible with the latest operating systems.'
So if you are on Intuos 3 - you better dont even think about any upgrades.
INTUOS PRO TOUCH L.
Latest driver (6.3.18-4) cleaned up some problems, but still some remains:
Selective selection of files with function key. Hold cmd + selecting random files:
- Sometimes this selection doesnt work - just keeps selecting one file.
- Sometimes it does work, but when i leave cmd - it keeps adding files to selection like i'm holding cmd or shift.
I cant replicate same with macbook trackpad - so it must be something with Intuos.
Sometimes: Click on other application window doesnt bring it to front. Still it kind of interacts with it. So i must use cmd + tab to activate aplication first and then i can fully interact with it.
Same selection problems exist inside apps like Adobe Illustrator (selecting vector objects), Maya etc.
There are few lucky times when those problems just disapear.
Its almost 2 months since Sierra official release and nobody seems to care. Common!
Does anybody else experience same problems?
Any solution (besides OS downgrade)?
MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS Sierra (10.12.1), null
New features and updates for an improved customer experience.
- Added a settings option called Pan/Scroll (Legacy) that allows your screen cursor to move with the pen when using a pen button to pan/scroll.
- Improved notifications if you have a non-supported Wacom device attached to your computer.
- Suspended the current Wacom Experience Program with the goal of implementing a new and improved version for customers in late 2020.
- Ended support for Android File Transfer, as it's not compatible with macOS 10.15.
Wacom Tablet Mac Driver
If you need assistance enabling specific macOS Security & Privacy settings so that the Wacom driver works properly, see these instructions for details.