Safari is a web browser developed by Apple Computer, Inc. and available as part of its Mac OS X operating system. It was included as the default browser in Mac OS X v10.3 (Panther) and is the only browser bundled with Mac OS X v10.4 (Tiger).
Safari uses Apple's brushed metal user interface, has a bookmark management scheme that functions like the iTunes jukebox software, is integrated with Apple's QuickTime multimedia technology, and features a tabbed-browsing interface similar to that of Mozilla. A Google search box is a standard component of the Safari interface, as are software services which automatically fill out Web forms and spell-check entries into web page text fields.
Safari Browser Features
Download Safari For Mac 10.6.8
- Tabbed browsing
- Bookmark Management
- A resizable web-search box in the toolbar which uses Google on the Mac and either Google or Yahoo! on Windows
- Pop-up ad blocking
- History and bookmark search
- Text search
- Expandable text boxes
- Automatic filling in of web forms
- Built-in password management via Keychain
- Subscribing to and reading web feeds
- Quartz-style font-smoothing
- The Web Inspector, a DOM Inspector-like utility that lets users and developers browse the Document Object Model of a web page
- Support for CSS 3 web fonts
- Support for CSS animation
- Bookmark integration with Address Book
- ICC colour profile support
- Inline PDF viewing
- Integration with iPhoto photo management
- Mail integration
- Ability to save parts of web pages as web clips for viewing on the Apple Dashboard.
- Top Sites, which displays up to 24 thumbnails of a user's most frequently-visited pages on startup
- Cover Flow browsing for History and Bookmarks
- Native Windows look on Windows (Aero for Windows Vista, Luna for Windows XP) with standard Windows font rendering
- Support for CSS image retouching effects
- Support for CSS Canvas
- Speculative loading, where Safari loads the documents, scripts, and style information that is required to view a web page ahead of time
Safari 4 Download Mac
Safari is a web browser developed by Apple Computer, Inc. And available as part of its Mac OS X operating system. It was included as the default browser in Mac OS X v10.3 (Panther) and is the only browser bundled with Mac OS X v10.4 (Tiger). 230,157 downloads Updated: September 17, 2020 Freeware. Review Free Download specifications. Safari is part of these download collections: Web Browser. Safari was reviewed by George Popescu. SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS. 64-bit processor.
Safari Browseris property of Apple, Inc..View More...