Guest blog by Padman Krishna, Parallels Support Team
- Open Parallels Desktop (in the Applications folder) and choose File Open. Select.vbox file that you prepared. Wait till conversion will be completed. Your Parallels Desktop virtual machine is almost ready. Install Parallels Tools and that is it!
- Parallels Desktop for Mac. Parallels Desktop for Mac allows you to seamlessly run both Windows and Mac OS X applications side-by-side with speed, control and confidence. Click below for frequently asked questions, documentation and other helpful tools to get the answers you need.
Both Parallels and Microsoft will be interested in making this work. Parallels will sell many more copies of Parallels Desktop if it works with Windows 10 and not only with Linux. Microsoft doesn't care if people buy their license of Windows for a PC or a Mac. Reengineered with macOS Big Sur in mind plus the usual performance and feature enhancements, Parallels Desktop 16 makes it a snap to run other operating systems as virtual machines on your Mac.
Are you looking for a better virtualization experience and planning to switch to Parallels Desktop? Here’s an easy way to transform your existing virtual machine.
We recommend setting a snapshot when you first install the virtual machine which you can roll back to later. Mac users will need to use a tool that supports zip64, like The Unarchiver, to unzip the files. The password to your VM is 'Passw0rd!' View installation instructions.
There are few things you need to do before converting a VM. First, make sure you have a backup copy of your VM. For example, VMware has a .vmx extension, Virtual PC is .vmc and Virtual Box is .vbox.
Second, make sure you’ve deleted third-party tools from your VM (VirtualBox tools, VMware tools, etc.). If you haven’t done that yet, go to Control Panel → Programsand Features to remove the tools.
Next, make sure that the “Split Disk” option is disabled in your VM hard disk settings. This might sound like another language to some, but no worries – it’s not that hard:
The final thing to do is to shut down the VM completely (suspending or pausing it isn’t enough). Pretty simple, right?
Once all of these steps are completed, you now can convert the VM.
- Open Parallels Desktop and go to File → Open.
- Navigate to the VM file you would like to convert, then click Open.
- Convert the VM by choosing the location where you would like to save the file.
- Once the VM starts, go to Actions→Install Parallels Tools and follow the onscreen instructions.
Parallels For Mac Os
We hope this blog post helped you decide to run Windows on your Mac and convert your VM to Parallels Desktop for Mac!
Parallels For Mac Activation Key 15 46967pro
Share your thoughts with us in the comments below, and don’t forget to follow the Parallels Support team on Twitter.
Parallels For The Mac
Parallels is the #1 solution for running Windows on Mac for over 10 years. Curious to see if your specific non-Mac application can run through Parallels Desktop? Feel free to try it out yourself—download a free 14-day trial.