By Nathan E. Malpass, Last updated: August 27, 2019
Remove Office for Mac applications Open Finder Applications. Command +click to select all of the Office for Mac applications. Ctrl+click an application you selected and click Move to Trash. Mac OS X doesn't include a system-wide program removal tool. Some programs, such as Microsoft Office 2004 and 2008, include removal tools to simplify the uninstall process. The removal tool only deletes the Office program from your Mac. The removal tool doesn't delete any documents you created in Office.
Microsoft Office 2016 is a powerful tool in handling Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook documents in our daily working or everyday learning. However, a fly in the ointment is that the Microsoft Office 2016 coexists with Microsoft Office’s earlier version including 2003, 2007, and 2010, except for the 2013 version.
- To change from a 32-bit version to a 64-bit version or vice versa, you need to uninstall Office first (including any stand-alone Office apps you have such as Project of Visio). Once the uninstall is complete, sign in again to www.office.com and select Other install options, choose the language and version you want (64 or 32-bit), and then select Install.
- To uninstall Microsoft Office on Mac, open Finder and navigate to Applications. Press the Command key and click to select all of the Office 2016 for Mac applications. Keep holding the Command key and click an application you selected and click Move to Trash. Jan 18, 2018 - Note: Currently, the Remove Office tool is not available for Office 2011.
- If you're troubleshooting Office and would like to remove the license files on your Mac, you can use the license removal tool. This will completely remove all licenses for Office for Mac. Important: Before using the tool, make sure you have the correct account info and password associated with your purchase of Office available for when you reactivate.
Therefore, if you prefer to the Microsoft Office 2013 version, you’d better uninstall the Microsoft Office 2016 on your Mac or computer first. Steps are simple and easy to uninstall Microsoft Office 2016 for Mac. Let us see how to process the steps together.
Note: The following steps need you to sign in as an administrator. It is also OK for you if you can provide an administrator name with a password.
People Also ReadHow to Clean up A MacHow to Recover WhatsApp Messages after Uninstall?
I Uninstall Microsoft Office 2016 in Applications
One of the most direct ways to remove the Microsoft Office 2016 on your Mac is to uninstall it via the Applications under Finder.
Step 1. Launch Finder on your Mac and then choose Applications.
Step 2. Press the Command button on the keyboard and click the whole Microsoft Office applications.
Step 3. Ctrl + click or right-click and select Move to Trash in the menu list later.
Uninstalling Microsoft Office 2016 in Applications under Finder is the first easy and simple method to uninstall Microsoft Office 2016 for Mac.
II Remove Microsoft Office 2016 from User Library Folder
To begin with, as far as the second method, you are supposed to set the Finder View options and then start the steps to remove Microsoft Office 2016 from your user library folder.
Step 1. Press Command + Shift + H on your keyboard in Finder.
Step 2. Open the menu list at the top side in Finder and click View, as List and Show View Options in turn.
Step 3. Then, tick Show Library Folder after you chose the Show View Options in the last step. Save the instruction you set and you can finish this step later.
Then, go forward and see how to further get Microsoft Office 2016 out of your user library folder.
Step 4. You need to Ctrl + click the files below and confirm Move to Trash. These files can be found in Finder> Library> Containers.
Note: You are no need to delete all the files above as not the whole files would be shown on your Mac.
Step 5. Outlook data on your Mac will be deleted or erased at the same time if you remove the three files in the list. Therefore, you are better to back up the files before you remove them to Trash. Back to the Library and enter Group Containers, you can delete the three files if they can be shown.
It is much more complicated compared to the first method to remove Microsoft Office 2016 for Mac. However, it is also advisable for you who are seeking for ways to uninstall Microsoft Office 2016 on Mac.
III Remove Microsoft Office 2016 from Dock and Restart
If Microsoft Office 2016 is added in the Dock on your Mac, you can remove Microsoft Office 2016 on your Mac through removing Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Outlook from the Dock. It is the third method for you to uninstall Microsoft Office 2016 on your Mac.
Here are the steps:
Step 1. First of all, press Ctrl + click the Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Outlook under Microsoft Office 2016 on the Dock to enter the menu list.
Step 2. Then, choose Options and Remove from Dock.
Step 3. Microsoft Office 2016 will be entirely removed after you restart your Mac.
If Microsoft Office 2016 is put in the Dock on your Mac, this method is extremely easy for you to complete the uninstalling.
IV Uninstall Microsoft Office 2016 with FoneDog Mac Cleaner
Except for the three methods to remove Microsoft Office 2016 on your Mac, you can also consider uninstalling Microsoft Office 2016 with the help of a third-party application. Here, the FoneDog Mac Cleaner is a good alternative for you.
FoneDog Mac Cleaner has SIX competitive and advantageous points:
- Speed up and improve the performance of your Mac with simple clicks.
- Swiftly scan your Mac and easily delete junk files.
- An overview of the primary status of your Mac, consisting of the disk usage, CPU status, memory usage.
- Find out and remove duplicate or similar pictures and other identical files.
- 30-day money back guarantee is provided.
- 8-in-1 Mac Software: ①System Status, ②Mac Cleaner, ③Similar Image Finder, ④Duplicate Files Finder, ⑤Mac App Uninstaller, ⑥Extensions Manager, ⑦Browser Privacy Cleanup, and ⑧File Shredder.
Refer to the 6th point, FoneDog Mac Cleaner excels in uninstalling apps on your Mac as well, including Microsoft Office 2016.
Step 1. Download the FoneDog Mac Cleaner from the FoneDog official website or click the button below.
Step 2. Launch the tool on your Mac and choose Uninstaller in Toolkit.
Step 3. Then, the Uninstaller begins to scan the apps on your Mac.
Step 4. View scanning results and find out the Microsoft Office 2016.
Step 5. Press the Clean and Confirm buttons to uninstall.
To conclude, there are FOUR methods to uninstall Microsoft Office 2016 for Mac: removing Microsoft Office 2016 in Applications under Finder, from User Library Folder, from the Dock on Mac and with using FoneDog Mac Cleaner. Hope the methods would be helpful for you.
/Mac Uninstaller /How to Completely Uninstall Microsoft Office on Mac [2020 Update]
Today, Let me tell you how to uninstall Microsoft office on mac Catalina. As we all know, installing applications on our Mac computer is actually easy. However, trying to uninstall them may sound easy but actually, they are not.
One of the applications that we tend to install on our Mac computer is the Office 2016 as this kind of applications are one of the useful applications that we use especially if you are a using your Mac for business purposes and school projects. Since there are updated Microsoft Office that has been released then that is the time that we delete the old ones that we have on our computer.
Here, we have gathered some ways you can do to uninstall Microsoft Office 2016 Mac completely without leaving any other files behind so just go on and keep on reading this article.
Article GuidePart 1. Can I Uninstall Microsoft Office?Part 2. How to Uninstall Office 365 (2011/2016) on Mac ManuallyPart 3. What Is The Best Microsoft Office Removal Tool for Mac?Part 4. In Conclusion
Part 1. Can I Uninstall Microsoft Office?
You may want to uninstall Microsoft Office on Mac due to some installing errors, like installing a higher edition of Microsoft Office for Mac but failed. In this case, you need to uninstall the older version first. Or there may be something wrong when you are using the Office application, which really has a big impact on your work.
Is It Safe to Uninstall Microsoft Office?
You may think if it is safe to uninstall Microsoft Office, what happens if uninstall Microsoft Office? Well, UITS (University Information Technology Services) strongly recommends that you uninstall other versions of Microsoft Office before installing any new one. Because other Microsoft applications sometimes may conflict with the Microsoft Office installation. So it's safe to remove the Office and it won't delete files you created before in this Office version.
If you are wondering about how to uninstall Microsoft Office on Mac, then you have come to the right place. Below are some options on how you can do this for you to be able to install a new Office on your Mac and for you to free up space as well. Yes, it is true that you can remove apps on your Mac by moving the application to your trash. Let's learn how to uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Office on Mac below.
Part 2. How to Uninstall Office 365 (2011/2016) on Mac Manually
As we all know, installing apps on your Mac computer is very easy, however, it is a bit complex when it comes to uninstalling them together with the files that they create with them. Most people would just drag the application and move them to their trash bin and thought that it was the right way on how you remove an application on your Mac but this is really wrong. Keep in mind that once you just dragged the application to your trash you will be leaving a lot of files that are connected to the app that you just removed like the system cache, app preferences, saved states, and some other files.
If you want to know how to uninstall Microsoft office on Mac completely like your Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Outlook, then all you need to do is to follow the simple guides indicated below. However, for you to do this, you must be able to sign in as an administrator on your Mac and provide a name and a password.
Remove Office 365 (2011) For Mac Applications
- Go ahead and launch Finder and then select Applications
- Command and then click for you to be able to choose the folder of Microsoft Office 2011.
- After that press the Ctrl button and then click an application you select and then Move to Trash.
Remove Office 365 (2016) on Mac
1. Remove Office Application
- Launch Finder and then select Applications.
- Press Command and then click to choose all the related Microsoft Office 365 (2016) applications.
- Press the Ctrl button and click the apps you choose then Move to Trash.
2. Remove All Related Files from Your User Library Folder
How to remove Office license files on a Mac? For you to be able to remove all of your files from your user library folder, what you need to do first is to set the Finder View options:
- Launch Finder and then press the 'Command + Shift + h' at the same time
- Go to the Finder menu located at the top and then click on the 'View' button and then click 'as List'. After that, go ahead and click on the 'View' button and then choose 'Show View Options'
- Once you are in the View Options dialog box, choose 'Show Library Folder' and then click on the Save button.
- Go back to your Finder and then launch Library and choose Containers. After that, Ctrl + click all the folders and then choose Move To Trash.
5. After that, go ahead and click on the back arrow for you to go back to the previous page which is the Library folder. Once you are back on your Library folder, go ahead and launch Group Containers. After that Ctrl + click each of the folders below if they are present and then Move To Trash.
NOTE: Your outlook data will be deleted once you move the folders that are listed above. Make sure that you back them up before trying to move them to your trash.
3. How to uninstall Microsoft Office on Mac from Your Dock and Restore Your Mac
- If you have included any of the Office 2016 tools on your dock, go ahead and click each tool by pressing Ctrl + click them and then choose Options then click Remove from Dock.
- Once that you have removed all tools from your dock, go ahead and restart your Mac for you to completely uninstall it.
Part 3. What Is The Best Microsoft Office Removal Tool for Mac?
How to Uninstall Microsoft Office on Mac completely without deleting files again? Good thing we have a Microsoft Office removal tool Mac that you can use for uninstalling office on a mac completely. It removes the application from your Mac PC together will all the files that are associated with it leaving you no marks of that specific application. This tool is the Mac Uninstaller of iMyMac Mac Cleaner.
You will also be able to preview all of those files first so that you can select which files should go and not. Totally amazing, right? This amazing program will give you an easy way to uninstall the stubborn applications that you want to get rid of on your Mac, then you will be able to save more of your disk space and speed up your Mac as well.
Now let's look at the detailed steps on how to Uninstall Microsoft Office on Mac completely with Mac Cleaner below:
Step 1. Download and Install iMyMac Mac Cleaner on Your Mac
Of course, the very first thing that you need to do is to download the iMyMac Mac Cleaner and install it on your Mac PC. You can download it from its official website: https://www.imymac.com/. Then go ahead and launch the software. On the main interface, select the Uninstaller tool which can be seen on the left side.
Smart cleaning tool for Mac that helps you locate and delete all kinds of junk files to free up storage space.Best Mac uninstaller that can uninstall apps on Mac completely with the leftover files to speed up Mac.Your trusted privacy protection expert that can clear all browers' tracking cookies, searching histories and other data.Free Download
Step 2. Scanning All Your Applications
After choosing the Mac Uninstaller from the main interface of the program, go ahead and click on the 'Scan' button. Once you have clicked on that, the iMyMac Mac Uninstaller will then start scanning all your applications automatically.
Step 3. Select Office 2016 and Clean All Unwanted Software
Once the scanning process is complete, you will then be able to see on your screen all the software that in your Mac PC by pressing the 'View' button. All you have to do is to locate and choose the Office 2016 application from the list shown on your screen.
Once you have selected all the application of the Office 2016, go ahead and hit on the 'Clean' button, iMyMac will then remove all those unneeded applications that you chose and will give you more storage space for your new applications that you are planning to download. This is will also help you speed up your Mac PC.
Tip: Free to Try iMyMac Mac Cleaner
Now you know how to uninstall Microsoft Office on Mac with iMyMac Mac Cleaner. This program also has other things that can help you in optimizing your Mac PC like cleaning all unwanted files, finding duplicate files and folders, and more. You will also have the privilege to try the Mac Cleaner with 500MB. Because of this, you will be able to clean up your Mac for free and will let you experience the powerful feature of the program. Just have the free trial here!
Part 4. In Conclusion
We totally know the concept that installing apps on your Mac is very easy but uninstalling them will take you more time to do it. This is because apps on your Mac PC are really stubborn and it is than those applications that Windows users have.
We have learned the ways here on how to uninstall Microsoft Office on Mac that not just moving your application to your trash but also removing those apps completely from your Mac PC. This is because it has a big possibility that it will leave any files associated with that particular app. These are all the reasons why we have iMyMac Mac Cleaner. Of course, you can also use other manual ways to uninstall apps but just take some time.
ExcellentThanks for your rating.
Rating: 4.8 / 5 (based on 109 ratings)
People Also Read:
A powerful all-in-one App for MacFree Download
Thank you, have successfully uninstalled Office 2016, but how can I determine if my Outlook mailbox is retained/retrieved after reinstallation?
You need to export the files by File > Export > Choose Everything firstly, then after uninstallation and reinstallation, go to copy everything back into Outlook by File > Import.
Remove Office For Mac License
Powerful Uninstall Software on Mac