To open or mend a.ATR File Extension file or document, download and install the software tools below; Open.ATR File Extension Files Now - locates the program required to open this file. Scan Your PC For.ATR File Extension Errors - helps fix.ATR File Extension problems on your system. Use your favorite Atari DOS 2.X compatible DOS to copy the files from drive 2 (ATR) to drive 1 (PC Hard Disk). This is possible because APE's PC-MIRROR makes the raw contents of your PC's hard disk look just like an Atari disk, so NO special software is required. Boot your Atari from the APEWARP.ATR image in drive 1. When the dos-loader menu appears, select the 'MYCOPIER' program. Once MYCOPIER has loaded, release the APEWARP.ATR image from drive 1. Insert the real diskette you want to write to into the real disk drive. Description: ATR file is an SIO2PC Atari Disk Image. SIO2PC is a hardware interface and software utility package to allow storage of your Atari files on your PC's hard and floppy disks, file conversions in both directions, and Atari printer output redirection to your PC's printer, screen, or file. Nov 26, 2018 ATR File Summary. Most ATR files can be viewed with four known software applications, typically PC Xformer Classic developed by Emulators, Inc. And associated with the Atari Disk Image format as it's primary file type. ATR files are categorized ordinarily as Disk Image Files. File Extension ATR is supported by Windows and MS-DOS operating systems.
How to Download and Play Classic Atari Games
The Atari800win Plus emulator lets you run 1980s-era Atari computerprograms on your Windows PC. You run the programs in a window like theone shown here. It only takes a few minutes to download, set up, andrun the emulator. These are the basic steps:
1. Download the emulator software.
Detailed instructions are provided below.
To download and install the Atari800Win Plus emulator, follow thesesimple instructions.
- Go to the Downloads Jaskier/Atari800Win-Plus GitHub web site, and click the link that says 'Atari800Win Plus4.1.zip' In the dialog box, click Open. This downloads the .zipfile and opens a file browser containing a folder called 'Atari800WinPlus 4.1.' Drag the folder to your desktop or some other convenientplace. You might get a security warning; click OK.
- Open the new Atari800Win Plus 4.1 folder on your desktop. Youshould see a subfolder named Rom; open it. This folder is empty. Youneed to fill this folder with the Atari 800 ROM images.
- Go to the Atari800Win Plus The Atari 8-bit Emulator: News web site. Click the link that says xf25.zip. In the dialog box, choose '[x] Open with [Windows Explorer (default)],' then click OK. In the file browser, you should see files nameATARIBAS.ROM, ATARIOSB.ROM, and so on. Choose 'Extract all files' andnavigate to your new Rom directory (Desktop > Atari800Win Plus 4.1> Rom) and click OK, then Extract. The files should now be in yourRom folder.
- Navigate up one directory level to the Atari800Win Plus 4.1folder. Double-click the Atari800Win.exe icon. Click the Run button (you might see a security warning in the dialog box). This should start theAtari 800 emulator. The Atari screen shows a message, 'Sorry thisprogram needs a real Atari/OS.'
- Using the pull-down menu, chooseAtari > ROM Images. In the dialog box, set XL/XE to the full name ofthe ATARIXL.ROM file and set BASIC to the full name of the ATARIBAS.ROMfile. Click OK.
- Using the pull-down menu, choose Misc > File Associations. Puta check mark next to ATR and click OK. This will cause your .ATR filesto run automatically when you click on them.
How To Open Atr Files On FacebookDownloading the Games
Follow the links below to download the desired games. Move eachdownloaded file into a folder. You only need one file, the '.ATR' file,for each game. I suggest trying Dog Daze Deluxe or Bumpomov's Dogsfirst.
DogDaze Deluxe (file APX20264.ATR) watch demo
Bumpomov'sDogs (file APX20272.ATR) watch demo
Claim Jumper (file claimjumper.exe) watch demo
DogDaze (file APX20069.ATR) watch demo
Other games and software (Pac-Man,Frogger, Shamus ...)
Save each downloaded file into your Atari800Win Plus 4.1 folder.
Note: You can rename the files to make them meaningful. For example,you can change APX20264.ATR to DogDazeDeluxe.ATR.
Configuring the Emulator Options
The emulator remembers your settings from session to session, so youonly need to configure it once.
- From the pull-down menus of the Atari emulator, choose View >Graphics Options. In the dialog box, set the Display Mode to 672 x 480.A new dialog box warns you that the program might run slowly; Click OK.Then click OK in the Graphics Options dialog box.
- If you have an Atari joystick with a USB interface, connect it to a USB port. See Optional: Connect Atari Joysticks Through USB Port below. In that case, you can skip step 3 below.
- The emulator is configured by default to use the numeric keypad forthe joystick controls. If that's what you want, skip this stepand continue with Step 4. For a two-player game, or if your computerdoes not have a numeric keypad, you need to select the USB-connectedjoysticks or configure the keys toemulate the joysticks. For a two-player game, you can configure somekeys on the left side of the keyboard to control the 'left' player andthe numeric keypad on the right, on the right, to control the 'right'player. From the pull-down menus, choose Input > Joysticks.Configure the joystick controls as shown below. Set Joystick 1 to useKeyset A. Set Joystick 2 to use Numpad. Click the Keyset A button andthen click OK in the warning dialog box; this opens the ConfigureKeyset A dialog box. Click on each button and type the correspondingkey as indicated below, including the space bar for the Fire Button.
Click OK in the Configure Keyset A dialog box, then click OK in theJoystick Options dialog box.
If you don't have a numeric keypad, configure Joystick 1 to Keyset Aand Joystick 2 to Keyset B. For Keyset B, use keys U I O, J K, and M, to emulate the direction keys and the Alt key to emulate the Firebutton.
- From the pull-down menus, choose Atari > Disk Drives. Clickthe D1 button and select the name of the desired game. Then click OK.
- Press the F5 key, which serves as the Atari RESET key.
Optional: Connect Atari Joysticks Through a USB Port
For full enjoyment of Atari computer games on your emulator, it's best to use real Atari joysticks rather than keyboard keys.
If you have real Atari joysticks for Atari 400/800 computers or the Atari2600 (VCS) game console, you can connect them to your computerusing the Retro-Link Adapter USB Cable for Atari Controllers. I got mine from NewEgg.com for $3 plus a small shipping charge. Maybe it was a clearance sale,because it's usually around $12. The adapter lets you connect up to two Atari joysticks through a single USB plug. The joystick connectorsare a little loose; sometimes I have to jiggle the connector in thesocket to make the joystick work properly.
If you don't already have Atari joysticks, you can buy newly manufacturedreplica joysticks with a USB cord for about $18 each, made by Retro-Link.
After you connect your joysticks, choose Input > Joysticks in theemulator menu. In the Joystick Options dialog box, use the pull-downmenus to select the USB-connected joysticks, then click OK.
Playing the Game
The F2 key serves as the Atari START key. Press it to start (orrestart) the game.
The F4 key serves as the Atari OPTION key. To set the game options,press the F4 key before you start the game.
The F5 key serves as the Atari RESET key.
If you're using the keyboard keys to emulate the joystick controls:
- Single player (or right player in two-player mode) with a numerickeypad: Make sure Num Lock is on. If necessary, press the Num Lock keyto turn on the Num Lock light. Place your middle finger on the '5' keyin the numeric keypad. Press the adjacent keys to move your player inthe desired direction. The '0-Ins' key serves as the joystick button.
- Left player (when configured for two players): Put your middlefinger on the letter 'S' key. Press the adjacent keys to move yourplayer in the desired direction. The Space Bar serves as the joystickbutton.
Quick Notes on Each Game
Dog Daze Deluxe:Claim the blue fire hydrant before your opponent. To launch your bone,press the joystick button while running in the vertical or horizontaldirection. If no one is using the other joystick, the computer takesover and plays against you. You can switch sides at any time; just takecontrol of the other joystick. If you never use your bone, thecomputer-controlled dog will not use his either.
Bumpomov's Dogs: Hold downthe key in the direction that you want your dog to move. The dogaccelerates or slows down gradually. Pick up the dog biscuits and carrythem back to your doghouse. You can carry no more than 30 dog biscuitsand no more than two bones. Press your joystick button to launch yourbone. If you 'lean' against a wall during the launch, the bone followsalong that wall.
Claim Jumper: Theprogram is stored as an Atari executable (.exe) file rather than a diskimage (.ATR) file. To run the program, choose File > Load Executableand select the file name, claimjumper.exe. Pick up the gold nugget,carry it to the assay office, and deposit the cash in your bank.Meanwhile, avoid the pursuing snakes or tumbleweeds. Pressing thejoystick button drops your gold/cash, drops a snake egg or tumbleweedseed if you are standing still, or shoots a bullet if you are running.
Dog Daze: This isan older and simpler version of Dog Daze that launched my brief careeras a computer game designer and programmer. Unless you are interestedin the history of the game, play the Deluxe version instead.
If you have any questions or comments, you can contact me at my guest register page.Back to Dog Daze home page
How To Close Files
Dog Daze ©1981 Gray Chang, Claim Jumper ©1982 SynapseSoftware, Bumpomov's Dogs ©1983 Gray Chang
Web page ©2003-2014 Gray Chang. Updated June 2014.
How To Open Atr Files File
What is a ATT file?
ATT files store information submitted by user using a Web form. ATT is a simple text file that can be easily opened with any text editor.
Program(s) that can open the .ATT file
How to open ATT files
If you cannot open the ATT file on your computer - there may be several reasons. The first and most important reason (the most common) is the lack of a suitable software that supports ATT among those that are installed on your device.
A very simple way to solve this problem is to find and download the appropriate application. The first part of the task has already been done – the software supporting the ATT file can be found in the table. Now just download and install the appropriate application.
Possible problems with the ATT format files
The inability to open and operate the ATT file does not necessarily mean that you do not have an appropriate software installed on your computer. There may be other problems that also block our ability to operate the Web Form Data Format file. Below is a list of possible problems.
- Corruption of a ATT file which is being opened
- Incorrect links to the ATT file in registry entries.
- Accidental deletion of the description of the ATT from the Windows registry
- Incomplete installation of an application that supports the ATT format
- The ATT file which is being opened is infected with an undesirable malware.
- The computer does not have enough hardware resources to cope with the opening of the ATT file.
- Drivers of equipment used by the computer to open a ATT file are out of date.
If you are sure that all of these reasons do not exist in your case (or have already been eliminated), the ATT file should operate with your programs without any problem. If the problem with the ATT file has not been solved, it may be due to the fact that in this case there is also another rare problem with the ATT file. In this case, the only you can do is to ask for assistance of a professional staff.
|.a4p||Adobe Authorware Package Without Runtime|
|.a5w||Adobe Authorware Unpackaged Format|
|.adr||Opera Bookmarks Format|
|.aex||Greetings Card Format|
|.alx||BlackBerry Application Loader Format|
|.an||Adobe Edge Animate Project Format|
|.ap||Fifth Generation Systems Active Page Format|
|.aro||SteelArrow Script Format|
How to associate the file with an installed software?
If you want to associate a file with a new program (e.g. my-file.ATT) you have two ways to do it. The first and the easiest one is to right-click on the selected ATT file. From the drop-down menu select 'Choose default program', then click 'Browse' and find the desired program. The whole operation must be confirmed by clicking OK. The second and more difficult to do is associate the ATT file extension to the corresponding software in the Windows Registry.
Is there one way to open unknown files?
Many files contain only simple text data. It is possible that while opening unknown files (e.g. ATT) with a simple text editor like Windows Notepad will allow us to see some of the data encoded in the file. This method allows you to preview the contents of many files, but probably not in such a structure as a program dedicated to support them.