foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform. It features the simplest, most minimalistic interface you'll ever see in this kind of program. Other features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.
- In addition, foobar2000 supports for ripping Audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the converter component. If you just switched to Mac from Windows system, you may also want to run Foobar2000 on your Mac to take care of music playing on Mac, but only disappointed to find that there is actually no Foobar2000 for Mac.
- Foobar2000 is a versatile, minimalist music player that offers an easy -and completely free- way to play music on your Mac. This app is compatible with a wide range of formats and can easily play almost any audio file, including MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, Opus, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND and many more.
Download foobar2000 for Windows. Files released under the foobar2000 license. Release information can be found in the change log. Latest stable version Download foobar2000 v1.6.1 Read foobar2000 v1.6 release notes Latest beta version. Foobar2000 for Mac foobar2000 for Mac web site. Download this app from Microsoft Store for Windows 10. See screenshots, read the latest customer reviews, and compare ratings for foobar2000. Download foobar2000 mac, foobar2000 mac, foobar2000 mac download free.
- Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND... and more with additional components.
- Gapless playback.
- Full unicode support.
- Easily customizable user interface layout.
- Advanced tagging capabilities.
- Support for ripping Audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component.
- Full ReplayGain support.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player
foobar2000 1.6.1 changelog:
- Added support for HLS: HTTP Live Streaming. To use, add internet M3U8 file through Add Location dialog.
- Enabled icy-metadata support for Ogg FLAC internet radio streams.
- Updated Properties / ReplayGain page layout if editing a single file.
- Improved Properties dialog performance, list of autocomplete entries is populated asynchronously.
- Enabled embedded album art loading from raw .AAC files with ID3 tags.
- Updated FFmpeg to 4.3.1.
- Added support for playing Matroska A_MS/ACM content.
- Fixes for rare AAC codec configurations that FFmpeg doesn't fully support - an add-on decoder can override the built-in one for such special cases.
- Decoders are now made aware of output sample rate (from Windows Mixer settings) and can decode certain formats directly to the intended sample rate, skipping potential resampling steps.
- Fixed 'fade on manual track change' setting not being used since version 1.6. (beta 6)
- Changing volume no longer affects Windows Mixer sliders; restarting foobar2000 no longer resets Windows Mixer slider to 100%. (beta 7)
- Mitigated crash when initiating drag&drop of a very large number of songs (such as Album List 'all music'). (beta 8)
- Enabled support for 7-zip archives using PPMd compression. (beta 8)
Download page: foobar2000 1.6.1 | 4.2 MB (Freeware)
Links: Home Page | foobar2000 for Mac | Windows Store | Android
Foobar2000 Download Mac Os
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware