Mac/Windows Turn Your Mac/Windows Device Into a Flip Clock. Fliqlo for Mac/Windows is a clock screensaver that allows you to make your desktop/laptop device screen look like a flip clock. It displays the time with flip animation in large white numerals against a black background. Thanks to its visibility, you can read the time even from a distance. Download Link: If You like my videos You can support me by a little donation on paypa.
Wondering where to find that minimalist flip clock screensaver you see popping up over and over again on your Instagram feed? The screen saver comes from designer Yuji Adachi and it’s available at Fliqlo for Windows and Mac OS X. We will walk you through installation steps, but first, a few of our favorite desk spaces featuring the screensaver and some fun facts about the history of the flip clock.
The screensaver turns your screen into an old-fashioned flip-clock that looks like the clocks invented in Italy in the mid-twentieth century. The idea of the flap display came from the Solari Di Udine company when the founder added numbers and text onto metal flaps attached to a wheel mechanism and enclosed it within glass. The world’s first information viewing system was born! These flap displays became knows as Solari boards and were installed in rail and air terminals throughout the world. They are still in use today because – great design.
Did you know that the study, collection and repair of flip clocks is termed horopalettology Neither did we. (From horology – the study and measurement of time and palette – from the Italian “Orologi a palette” – Italian for flip clock.) And if you are interested in the collection, restoration, buying and selling of flip clocks, you would be called called a horopalettologist.
You can get your very own flip clock screensaver at Fliqlo.
Step by step installation for the flip clock screensaver:
- Click the Fliqlo link.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and choose Download for Mac or Download for Windows.
- If a window doesn’t open automatically, search for the name “fliqlo_170” in Finder.
- Double click “Fliqlo.saver.” (A dialogue box may appear that warns you about opening applications from unidentified developers. At your own discretion, you can control+click or right click “Fliqlo.saver” and select ‘Open’ from the menu. If you don’t trust the file, don’t open it.)
- System Preferences will open into the Screen Saver section. Click ‘Install’ to complete.
- Select the screen saver from the list to the left to preview or enable it. You may need to scroll down to the end of your list to find it.
- Select ‘Screen Saver Options’ to select size of the numbers on your screen.
The screensaver gives you the ability to switch between a 12 and a 24-hour format and the size of the clock can be adjusted.
An iOS app version of the flip clock screensaver for iPhone and iPad is also available for $0.99.
Need even more inspiration on how to style your desk with your new yet classic flip clock screensaver? Feast your eyes on nearly 600 Pinterest Fliqlo workspace pics.
And if you really want to geek out on flap displays, (we did!) here’s a short video from Solari Udine.
Fliqlo For Mac
Stay up to date, with our weekly newsletter and ‘Like’ Pirl on Facebook more fun.