There are two methods for install Mavericks
For earlier versions of Mac OS X, including Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9, Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8, Mac OS X Lion 10.7, Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6, Mac OS X Leopard 10.5, Mac OS X Tiger 10.4, and before, the process to obtain those installers differs a bit. Downloading Mac OS X. OS X 10.9 Mavericks - the latest update to Apple's desktop OS - noticeably improves the overall experience on for both new and older Macs.Pros:Free: Mac OS. Download the official µTorrent® (uTorrent) torrent client for Windows, Mac, Android or Linux- uTorrent is the #1 bittorrent download client on desktops worldwide. Here you must sign in to the Mac apps store as I mentioned above. Mavericks download file is around 5GB of size. So select a drive to download which has the relevant space for the Mavericks download file. After you downloaded the 5GB of Maverick’s installer, the installer for Mavericks.
1. Install Mavericks on empty volume
Install Maverick Mac Os
This is the easy way that you can use for install Mavericks without keeping any backups of previous Mac OS X version. You do not need any backup because you have an empty volume to install the OS. The main advantage of this method is you can install Mavericks download with exiting startup drive while it is booting. Also, this method doesn’t need much time to complete the installation process.
2. Install Mavericks on the startup volume
When you are using this method to install the Mavericks download, please keep a backup of your previous OS file and application data. Otherwise, you do not be able to use those applications and file after the installation of the new OS X version. You need to create a bootable USB installer which has the Mavericks installer software on it.
How do you keep a backup before installing Mac OS X Mavericks?
There are many tools and applications for backing up the Mac OS X before upgrading. So you must choose the best tool for backup the previous OS’s data. Basically, those kinds of tool is using for clone backup. After the process of backing up, you can ensure the process by checking system preferences and go to startup disk pane and booting the backed up device.
Tools for clone backup
As I mentioned above there are a number of tools and application for backing up Mac OS X. But all the tools may not be able to do the backup task correctly. We can name some tools for clone backup.
Download Mavericks Macbook Pro
Mac Backup Guru, SuperDuper, Carbon Copy Cloner, you can use those tools for Mavericks and clone backup the Mac OS X.
iMac ( After 2006 iMac versions), Mac Book and Mac Book Black/White (the year 2008 and 2009 upwards), All Mac Book Retina Models, Mac Book Pro 15 inch, Mac Book Pro 17 inch, Mac Mini (2007 or later), Mac Book Air 2008 or later, Mac Pro (2008 or later), Mac Book Pro 13 inch (2009 or later), Xserve (2009)
System Requirements for Mac OS X Yosemite
2 GB of RAM, 8 GB storage, OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard
How to Mavericks download from the Apple Mac Store
Mac Os X Maverick Download
- First, you need to launch up and sign in with Apple ID username and password to the Mac Apps store by using the Mac Apps store icon on your desktop or laptop.
- Find the Mavericks from the search bar. You can use the categories for better searching the Mavericks.
- When you found the Mavericks link you will be able to click the download button and get it. Here you must sign in to the Mac apps store as I mentioned above.
- Mavericks download file is around 5GB of size. So select a drive to download which has the relevant space for the Mavericks download file.
- After you downloaded the 5GB of Maverick’s installer, the installer for Mavericks will be open automatically. What you need to do is do not proceed with the installer, just quit from the installer by clicking the quit button.
- To install Mavericks you have to create a bootable installer for USB drive by copying the Mavericks installer.
- Then you will be able to install the Mavericks file. For installation methods please refer the website and relevant video tutorials.