Wacvst (windows-mac vst) is a tool that will wrap Windows native VSTs for use with Intel Mac OS X based VST hosts. Please be aware that we haven't tested the application, just we have information from their developer. The image below has been reduced in size.
- However, in some VST hosts, scanning of VST and VST3 folders must be enabled in the VST host's settings. If a plug-in, for whatever reason, has been installed to a different folder, the VST host application needs to be told where to look for it. In Cubase and Nuendo, the list of monitored VST2 folders can be managed here.
- Once you have downloaded your VST (.dll file), you will need to move the.dll file (for example, Gsnap.dll) into your Audacity VST plugins folder. But how do you find that folder? 1) Click on your 'C Drive' and look for 'Program Files'. 2) Click on 'Program Files' then search for an 'Audacity' folder.
- Im using fl studio with my mac and just bought a new vst plugin. When i download the mac version of the plugin i get a.vst file. However if i follow the steps to add the plugin to FL, nothing happnes (i.e. FL does not seem to detect.vst plugings). I have other plugins in the.dll format and those do work.
- VST chainer for Mac. Chainer by Plug & Mix is may one of choice for hosting VST and VST instrument without a DAW. Just like Chainer by XLutop. Is also run as a standalone and as a plugin for DAW. The difference, it’s mainly to load the Plug & Mix VIP plugins. But once you authorize the app (Buy it).
To get Amplitube 4 working as a plug-in, the two files you need to copy into your host plug-ins folder are:
1. C:Program FilesVstPlugInsAmpliTube 4 .dll
2. C:Program FilesCommon FilesAmpliTube 4.vst3
I can't swear to it, but I don't recall seeing the file referred to in 1. on my file system until after I removed v4.03 and replaced it v4.02.
Anyhow, update posted in the even it might help someone else.
ORIGINAL PROBLEM STATEMENT:
I'm trying to use AmpliTube 4 and Fender bundle (licensed) on Windows 10. Can someone please tell me exactly what AmpliTube file(s) I need to copy into my host plug-ins folder to use the plug-in and where on the Windows 10 file system I might find them?
So far, I have managed to bring Mobius 2 via JBridge and Cubase Groove Agent 4 VST's into my custom plug-ins folder on Ableton Live 9 (64-bit) and Ableton sees them no problem so I obviously understand the process in general and Ableton is not the problem, but for the life of me I cannot figure out what AmpliTube 4 files I'm supposed to be dropping in my plugins folder.
As an aside, Amplitube 4 standalone stubbornly refuses to use the native ASIO driver of my Steinberg UR44 interface. Standalone Cubase Groove Agent 4 and Positive Grid Bias FX have no problems in that regard.
So, as it stands, I can't use AmpliTube 4 at all. Not in standalone mode because it refuses to use my audio interface's native ASIO driver and not as a VST plugin because I can't find the right files to drop in my host plugins folder.