2020-10-30 17:19:09 • Filed to: PDFelement for Mac How-Tos • Proven solutions
Best way to convert your MAC to PDF file in seconds. 100% free, secure and easy to use! Convertio — advanced online tool that solving any problems with any files. We currently support the following Word converter: DOCX to DOC, ODT to DOC, SXW to DOC, RTF to DOC, WPD to DOC, TXT to DOC, PDF to DOC, PDF to word and HTML to DOC. Convert PDF to Word You can convert PDF to Word with almost any standard PDF file.
Mac Convert Pdf To Doc
It's often essential to be able to convert PDF to Word on Mac device, especially if you need to edit your PDF. Even though PDF documents are often the default format for sharing files online unless you have the right know-how or the right software, editing a PDF document can be a challenge. The best course of action is usually to change PDF to Word on Mac. This article offers you a complete guide on how to export PDF to Word on Mac (including macOS 10.15 Catalina) with PDFelement.
Steps to Convert PDF to Word on Mac
Step 1: Open PDF
Drag and drop your PDF file into PDFelement's main window to open the file. Or click on the 'Open File...' button to select and open the PDF.
Step 2: Convert PDF to Word on Mac
Once the file has been opened in PDFelement, click on the 'File' button to enable the 'Export To' function. You can then click the 'To Word' button to choose Microsoft Word as the output format. You can rename the file and select the output folder in the pop-up window. Once you are happy with all the changes, click 'Save' and your document will be converted within a few seconds.
Step 3: Convert Scanned PDF to Word on Mac (Optional)
To convert a scanned PDF file, you need to click the 'Perform OCR' button first. After recognized the scanned PDF, click on 'File' > 'Export To' and select 'To Word' in the menu bar. Then click 'Save' to start the conversion.
Video on How to Convert PDF to Word on Mac
Convert PDF to Word on Mac for Free with Google Docs
Another option is the widely used program, Google Docs. It can also help you export PDF to Word on Mac. Here are the steps to follow:
- 1. Login to your Google account on the Google Docs website.
- 2. Upload the PDF document that you want to convert to Word.
- 3. Navigate to the 'File' tab. Select ' Download as' > 'Microsoft Word(.docx)' to export your PDF to a Word document.
How to Export PDF to Word on Mac with Automator
There is also another free method available for Mac users to convert PDF to a word. This is the built-in Mac app Automator. It can help you convert a PDF file to a plain or rich text format.
- 1. Search for 'Automator' in your Application and open it.
- 2. Search for 'Extract PDF Text,' then select 'Rich Text' (RTF) or 'Plain Text' (TXT) on the right side to save your PDF. You can also set other options as needed.
- 3. Click the 'Run' button, and choose a PDF file to convert to a text document directly.
Preview Can't Convert a PDF to Word on Mac
If you are more interested in using a free PDF editor, you can try using Preview. However, despite the fact that it is an inbuilt Mac PDF editor, it tends to fall short when it comes to functionality and features. Below are a few of its best features. It allows users to edit, annotate, add images, and highlight sections of the text in a PDF file, but is a bit limited in terms of functionality. It enables users to combine files, and it is free to use. However, it can't convert PDF to Word in macOS, and it only supports converting PDF into JPEG, PNG, and TIFF.
- It's a built-in app on Mac devices.
- It enables users to combine files.
- It's free to use.
- It provides basic editing features.
- The program lacks certain functions.
- The program lacks an OCR feature.
- The document conversion feature is difficult to use.
PDF Expert is unable to Convert PDF to Word on Mac
PDF Expert is unable to Convert PDF to Word on Mac. However, it is still a useful PDF app for Mac. Even though it lacks features compared to PDFelement, it is simple and cost-efficient. It operates at high speed and includes fairly annotation features, document signing tools, an impressive sharing feature, and form-filling capabilities. It is also compatible with most Apple devices (Macs, iPads, and iPhones). However, it does not support converting a PDF document to Word format on Mac. Learn more details about PDF Expert.
- It can be used on a number of Apple devices.
- It has split-screen capabilities.
- It also offers easy file transfer options.
- It is limited in features and functionalities compared to PDFelement.
- It has limited OCR capabilities.
- It has limited image editing tools.
- It is not user-friendly for document conversion.
Why Choose the Best PDF to Word Converter on Mac
PDFelement is regarded as the best and most recommended option for PDF to Word conversion on Mac. That's because this application has been intricately crafted to help you solve all of your PDF file editings needs with ease, convenience, and flexibility. Benefits of PDFelement include:
- Superior OCR capabilities that simplify the process of transferring any images or scanned PDF files into easily editable and searchable text formats.
- Numerous word document editing features like spell check, line mode, and paragraph mode.
- It allows creating and converting PDF files into any other document format like Word.
- It increased data security features in the form of permissions, passwords, digital signatures, text redaction, and so on.
- It makes it easy to leave comments, notes, and highlight text on PDF files.
- It has a charming and user-friendly interface.
- It supports Mac OS X 10.12 ,10.13, 10.14 and 10.15 Catalina.
Free Download or Buy PDFelement right now!
Free Download or Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
Pages To Pdf Converter Mac
PDF is the most common file type that can be easily shared and opened in any operating system. Still, editing the PDF files is quite tricky. That is when Microsoft Word comes in handy. All you have to do is to convert your PDF file into DOC or DOCX, make necessary changes, and turn it back to the original format.
But how to turn PDF into Word? Today, we'll show how to do that with Preview, Google Drive, Automator, and some dedicated PDF converters.
Method 1. How to convert PDF to Word on Mac using Preview
Consider copying and pasting as a low-tech approach? Sometimes it works surprisingly well, especially when the PDF is primarily text-based. Sometimes it's a real hassle — it all depends on the type of PDF file you have.
In any case, with such minimal effort involved, this method is worth a shot. Follow these steps to try it out:
- Right-click your PDF file, go to Open With, and choose Preview.
- Select the text you want to copy and hit Command‐C.
- Navigate to Pages or Microsoft Word on Mac and paste the text into the document with Command‐V.
- Save the file as DOC or DOCX (go to File > Export To > Word, if you use Pages). That's all!
Use Command‐A for Select All is you want to copy the entire document content, all at once.
Method 2. Turn PDF Files into DOCX using Google Docs
Google Docs is a popular web-based editing tool, pretty good at transforming PDF files into Word. Here’s how to use it:
- Go to Google Drive and log in to your Google account.
- Click the gear icon and choose Settings.
- Check the box next to “Convert uploaded files to Google Docs editor format” in the General tab.
- Upload the PDF file to Google Drive (press “+ New” button and select “File upload”)
- Hit Open. Your file now will be opened with Google Docs.
- Head over to the File menu, select Download, and opt for Microsoft Word (DOCX). The file will appear in your Downloads folder as a Word document.
If a PDF file includes images, Google Docs might remove them from the final DOCX document. This method is preferable only for a text-based PDF file.
Google Docs can also be the answer to how to convert Word to PDF on Mac. The main downside to this method is that it requires an internet connection.
Method 3. Transform PDF to Word with Automator
Automator is a built-in macOS utility developed for simple repetitive tasks like renaming files or resizing images. It helps make the same changes to multiple files at a time by creating a custom workflow.
Just like Preview, Automator can’t convert PDF to Word. But it is powerful enough to extract the text from your PDF and turn it into a plain or rich text format (RTF). Then you can edit it in any text editor. To use Automator:
- Launch Automator from the Application folder.
- Choose Workflow as a type for your document.
- Drag and drop your PDF file.
- In the left-side Actions section, go to Library > PDFs > Extract PDF Text.
- Drag this action to the right pane underneath your PDF document.
- Opt for Rich Text instead of Plain text to keep the formatting.
- Define where to save the extracted text file.
- Hit the Run button located in the upper-right corner of the window, and get your PDF file converted to a text document.
Now, you can go to the folder you chose and find your converted file.
Method 4. Convert PDF to Word with third-party converters
Using a dedicated converter is the way to go if you have tons of PDFs with lots of graphics and different types of text blocks to convert. But what’s the best one to choose?
By far, the highest quality solution is Adobe Acrobat by Adobe. No surprises the company has a tool to solve all your PDF editing needs, as they created this format. This tool can convert PDFs into almost all sorts of file types: from DOCX to RTF and beyond. Even if your document contains any scanned text, Acrobat will recognize it automatically.
The alternatives are PDFelement and Smallpdf. Both these services have free trials, so you can find out whether the tool works for you before purchasing.
Need extra help with your Mac performance?
If Microsoft Word glitches or runs sluggishly, deep Mac cleaning may help you fix the issue. Every computer needs it from time to time. System junk, temporary files, and old cache — all these can decrease performance a lot. Luckily, there are tools to help you out.
To keep my Mac safe from months-old clutter, I use CleanMyMac X. This powerful junk-cleaner offers a bunch of features to solve Mac-specific issues. ProductHunt even called CleanMyMac X “Marie Kondo for your Mac.”. That fact alone says a lot!
Here’s how to speed up the system with its help:
- Grab your copy of CleanMyMac X (get a free one here).
- Launch the app and go to the System Junk tab.
- Press Scan and wait for a few seconds.
- Hit the Clean button to get rid of items that slow down your Mac.
If Microsoft Word still malfunctions, I recommend using the Uninstaller feature of CleanMyMac X to reset the app.
Turning PDF to Word is a piece of cake if you have the right tool at hand. If you need to convert text-based PDF, using Preview, Automator, or Google Docs would be enough. But if you regularly deal with image-heavy files, consider using dedicated PDF converters like Adobe Acrobat Exporter.